Educational Outreach in Public Child Welfare
Credit for Learning (CFL) devotes University of Kentucky College of Social Work faculty to provide graduate education and support to Kentucky’s public child welfare workforce. CFL is a unique educational outreach effort that bridges the gap between research and practice necessary to equip Kentucky’s child welfare professionals who work to keep Kentucky families safe. CFL faculty work beyond the classroom to collaborate with the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) in identifying and addressing specific learning and informational needs. An additional goal of CFL is to increase the number of graduate trained staff through recruiting, advising and mentoring those interested in pursuing a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree.
Stephanie Ratliff, MSW, CSW
Director, Credit for Learning Program
525 Patterson Office Tower
Melissa Whitaker, MSW
Clinical Faculty, Credit for Learning Instructor
UK Center for Excellence in Rural Health
Sheila Miracle, MSW
MSW Program Coordinator, Morehead State University Campus
321 Radar Hall Morehead KY 40351
Theodore “Ted” Godlaski, M. Div.
Associate Clinical Professor, Credit for Learning Instructor
1 Quality St. Ste. 700
Erin Mayhorn, MSW
PCWCP Coordinator, Clinical Faculty
527 Patterson Office Tower
How does Credit for Learning help you?
Participating in graduate courses while working in child welfare can be challenging, but Credit for Learning (CFL) faculty are prepared to help.
CFL offers support in the following ways:
- Graduate level Protection & Permanency Academy courses
- Advanced graduate level courses for child welfare leaders and tenured workers
- UK Master of Social Work (MSW) application information
- MSW academic advising
- Access to financial aid resources
- Course registration and scheduling
- Practicum placement guidance
- Transfer of credits from other institutions
- Workshops on child welfare related topics delivered to local and regional child welfare agencies
- Support in balancing school and professional demands
- Individualized mentoring with new child welfare professionals
CFL faculty are committed to supporting you as you continue your education and serve Kentucky children and families.