The Children’s Justice Act Task Force is established in accordance with the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act which authorizes grants to states to develop, establish, and operate programs designed to improve:
- The handling of child abuse and neglect cases, particularly cases of child sexual abuse and exploitation, in a manner which limits additional trauma to the child victim;
- The handling of cases of suspected child abuse or neglect related fatalities;
- The investigation and prosecution of cases of child abuse and neglect, particularly child sexual abuse and exploitation; and
- The handling of cases involving children with disabilities or serious health-related problems who are victims of abuse or neglect.
Children's Justice Act Grant Program
The Task Force is composed of professionals from throughout Kentucky who have been appointed by the Department for Community Based Services Commissioner.
- KY Children’s Justice Act Task Force Bylaws
- 8-15-16 CJA Task Force Retreat Meeting Summary
- CJA Task Force Meeting Summary – 10-11-16
- 2017 CJA Annual Meeting – Retreat Meeting Summary
- 04-12-17 CJA Taskforce Meeting Minutes
- 01-31-17 CJA Taskforce Meeting Minutes
- 10-26-16 CJA Taskforce Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Minutes
- CJA Strategic Plan 2011